29 July, 2011

The Devil's Double

For those of you interested in Modern Iraqi History, there is a new movie out in the US about one of the brave men who served as a body double, or fiday, for one of Hussein's sons. During my undergraduate studies at Michigan State University, I became acquainted with this man while writing a paper on Saddam Hussein for a European History Senior Seminar. His book, I Was Saddam's Son, truly fascinated me and I am so very excited to see that a script has been written and made into a film. I can't wait to see it and hope it comes to my area very soon!

If you want to know more about what Hussein was like to those closest to him, I strongly recommend Dr. Yahia's book mentioned above. It's insightful, heartbreaking, and most importantly his own words on his life as Uday Hussein's double.

No comments: